Why is there Teflon Products and PVDF extended delivery times
Over the last year, the market has had more shortages than I've come across in my thirty years experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have observed several shortages, and delivery problems stemming from resin allocations through resin companies. This is definitely the first instance I have seen all these issues at the same time.
PTFE (TFE) and Kynar - PVDF are both on allocation.
The two of these resins are in short supply. The PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene product PTFE (TFE) and Kynar manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that's mined in Mongolia and China. The world requirement for this mineral has risen significantly, additionally, the supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance and extremely low co-efficient of friction (slippery) and is utilised throughout a lot of purposes from non-stick fry kitchenware to ptfe tape for personal use. This mineral is the crucial raw materials in the manufacturing of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and a lot of refrigerants.This increasing amount of demand combined with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double in the last year), shortages, and we expect these two factors to keep at it in the near future.
Comments
Post a Comment